A Culture of Community
Giving back to the communities in which we live and work has always been an integral part of M3’s culture; so much so that it’s part of M3’s Strategy Map, which guides our day-to-day focus. Not only does the company give back at a corporate level, but we encourage our employees to give back personally as well. To some this means monetary gifts, while others choose to donate their time. To encourage employees to explore giving back to organizations they are passionate about helping, M3 provides all employees with one full paid ‘Volunteer Time Off (VTO), day each year. M3 makes this investment because it’s that important to our company culture.
In addition to the personal giving our employees do, we have seen incredible success in our annual giving campaigns. The largest of these include the United Way campaigns in all five offices as well as our Second Harvest campaign in Madison. The best part about these campaigns is that they are led by a team of employees, who donate their time and talents to plan and execute these campaigns each year.
Some highlights of M3 United Way campaigns include:
- 90-100% overall response rate
- Consistent increase in employee pledges year over year
- Madison’s campaign was chosen as the “People’s Choice Innovation Award” in 2016
- Milwaukee’s campaign was recognized as a “Game Changer” in 2016 due to significant increases in participation, dollars raised, and overall support of the campaign
- Employees volunteered over 80 (documented) hours during the 2016 campaigns
- And always a favorite – an annual volleyball tournament, including carrier partners and M3 employees
Some highlights of the Second Harvest campaigns include:
- Successful Silent Auction event in 2016 – raising 12,285 meals alone!
- 40,000+ meals donated in 2016
- 277,417 meals donated since 2002 – ranking M3 among the Top 10 businesses for total meals raised
- And, a campaign favorite – the Pie in the Face competition. Select employees put their faces on the line. Employees ‘vote’ with cash and the individuals raising the most money gets a pie in the face at the end of the campaign (Who will get it is a surprise – the anticipation makes it great.)
If you are interested in giving back and making your community better, you may have the values it takes to be an M3er. Come on board and help make these campaigns and our overall community impact even more successful in the future; check out our open opportunities.
Bridget Gregson is the Community Impact Coordinator at M3.