M3 may collect nonpublic personal information to provide services usual and customary to independent insurance agents. M3 discloses this information only to authorized employees of insurance companies and other vendors for the purposes of performing insurance services on behalf of our Customers, and only to the extent permitted by applicable United States federal and state laws, as well as the General Data Protection Regulation.
Information We Collect and How We Collect Information
M3 collects nonpublic personal information about our Customers from the following sources:
- Information received on application or other business forms; this information may include, but is not limited to name, address, email address, social security number, date of birth, marital status and medical information.
- Information such as business financial information, revenue, expenses, compensation, financial statements, and other relevant entity information used for placing insurance coverage.
- Information about your transactions with us; this information may include, but is not limited to, your insurance coverage premiums and selection, premium payment and claims history necessary for billing and payment.
- Information obtained from consumer reporting agencies (i.e., credit relationships and history, motor vehicle reports, and claims history).
- Other sources (i.e., medical information, demographic information and information as defined in the Internet Policy below).
Information We May Disclose To Third Parties
We do not share information about our Customers or former Customers with non-affiliated third parties other than permitted or required by law. However, in the course of our general business practices, we may disclose the information that we collect (as described above) about you or others without your permission for the following reasons:
- To service and process insurance needs of our Customers, including clients, former clients and prospects, in a manner that is consistent with the usual and customary services provided by independent insurance agents. Such usual and customary services or processes provided by M3 to its Customers include, but are not limited to, underwriting, obtaining competitive quotes at renewal, rating, placement and provided quotes for insurance that is germane to the coverage the Customer places with the agency.
- To resolve Customer disputes and inquires
- To assist individuals or entities that assess our legal compliance
- To respond to requests for information to comply with state or federal law.
- To protect the confidentiality or security of our Customer records
- To protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability as it relates to insurance transactions.
Our Practices Regarding Information Confidentiality and Security
M3 restricts access to nonpublic personal information to M3 employees who need to know the information in order to provide products or services to our Customers. We require those individuals to whom we permit access to such information to protect it and keep it confidential. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable regulatory and commercially reasonable standards.
The specific types of safeguards utilized will depend upon the sensitivity, amount, extent of distribution, and format of the information, type of storage, as set forth by M3 policies or federal law(s).
M3 provides insurance products and services to corporate clients, institutional clients, municipalities, government entities, organizations, and to individual or personal lines clients. For non-individual clients, express consent of individual employees is generally not feasible or necessary in most circumstances. Nevertheless, M3 will rely upon voluntary disclosures of such nonpublic information in applications or other underwriting information as consent for our collection, use, and disclosure of such information for the purpose of providing and insurance products and services.
For personal lines clients, appointment of M3 as the Agent of Record is your express agreement and consent to collect, use, and disclose nonpublic information for the purpose of providing insurance products and services.
Please note that withdrawing or withholding consent for us to collect, and use nonpublic personal information may not allow M3 to provide and insurance products and services on your behalf.
M3 has the capability of collecting various bits of information from Customers without your active participation. Such information might include: IP address, browser type/version, and computer platform. Your browser automatically submits this information in order to correctly fulfill page requests. No other information will be obtained from you without your consent. In addition to the required information described above, we may ask you to voluntarily submit some personal information. M3 may do this for a variety of reasons, though in most cases this information will be used to directly contact you at your request.
Accuracy and Access to Information
M3 is committed to the accuracy of any information it collects, uses, and discloses. Accordingly, Customers are requested to keep us informed about any changes to their information that may be material to insurance products and services we provide. Upon written request, and subject to certain legal restrictions, we will provide reasonable access to nonpublic personal information to the individual to whom it pertains. You have the right to request that any inaccurate information be amended. All such requests should be designated to M3’s Privacy Officer.
Further Information, Complaints or to Withdraw Consent
To gain access to your nonpublic personal information, for further information, to file a complaint, or to withdraw consent please contact:
M3 Privacy Officer, 828 John Nolen Drive, Madison, WI 53713.