John Preuss GBDS
John Preuss is a senior account executive and partner at M3 Insurance. His primary role is to place and service employee benefit insurance products. In this capacity, Preuss consults with and advises clients about the design, implementation and management of their benefit programs. He specializes in large employer health insurance using both a self-funded and fully-insured funding mechanisms.
Preuss also serves as a director of employee benefits for Northcentral & Western WI. As such, he works closely with members of the M3 Wausau and Eau Claire teams to identify and acquire new business, implement go-to-market strategies, and build strong partnerships with key business leaders, insurance companies and community organizations.
In addition to his work as a senior account executive and director, Preuss also serves as managing director in M3’s Wausau office. In this role, he manages overall office functions, facilitates cross-division growth strategies, and serves as a primary conduit from the Wausau office to senior leadership.
- Earned Bachelors of Science degree in American studies from University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
- Served on active duty as a marine reservist during the Persian Gulf War
- Gained industry experience in roles with Blue Cross Blue Shield and Security Health Plan
- Joined M3 in 2005
- Wisconsin-licensed life and health agent
- Wisconsin-licensed property and casualty agent
- Group Benefit Disability Designation (GBDS)
- Wisconsin Association of Health Underwriters (WAHU), member
- Wisconsin Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce, leadership graduate
- American Legion-Rudolph chapter, member