Matthew Thomson GCIH, GPEN, and CISSP
Matthew Thomson is the director of cyber liability at M3 Insurance. In this role, he is responsible for sales support, market relations, training, and thought leadership within the cyber, media, and technology error and omissions (E&O) lines of coverage. Thomson also oversees and develops M3’s cyber book of business. In serving as a cyber security strategist and advisor, he helps clients mitigate cyber exposures through preventative controls and formal risk transfer mechanisms.
Thomson has diverse experience in incident response, cyber risk, compliance frameworks, and security awareness & training – among other cyber related fields.
- Earned a master’s degree in information assurance from the University of Maryland Global Campus
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Marquette University
- Gained experience as a cyberspace operations officer in the U.S. Air Force and led cybersecurity for Breakthrough and Community First Credit Union
- Joined M3 in 2022
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- Previous Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cybersecurity Meetup (920Sec) in the Fox Valley, founder
- Grassr00tz Security Conference in the Fox Valley, planning committee member
- Howard Suamico Youth Sports, flag football coach