Risk Insight: Update to OSHA’s Injury Tracking Application Login
In 2022 OSHA updated the process for employers to upload electronic injury data. Employers must now create a Login.gov account. Login.gov is a secure sign-in service used by the U.S. Federal Government. If you are unsure whether your organization is required to electronically submit an injury and illness summary a list of affected industries can be found here.
To properly report electronic injury data, organizations must create both an ITA account and a Login.gov account. All current and new ITA account holders must connect their ITA account to a Login.gov account using the same email address.
Steps to create a Login.gov account:
- Visit OSHA and select the “Sign in with Login.gov” button.
- You will be redirected to the OSHA ITA Login.gov sign-in screen.
- Select the “Create an account” button.
Note: You must use the same email address for your Login.gov account that you use to access ITA to connect the OSHA ITA application with the account on Login.gov.
- On the “Create Account” screen, enter your email address, select your email language preference, read, and acknowledge the Rules of Use by selecting the checkbox, then select the “Submit” button.
- Login.gov automatically emails you a notification that contains a hyperlink to continue creating your account. Select the hyperlink in the emailed notification to confirm your email and create a password.
- On the “Authentication Method” screen, select the method(s) that is most appropriate for you, then select the “Continue” button. Note: This is referred to as two-factor authentication and will help keep your account secure. You are encouraged to have more than one authentication method on your account.
- Follow the steps on the screen to provide the necessary information to complete establishing the two-factor authentication.
- Once completed, your Login.gov account will be created. Select the “Agree and Continue” button.
- You will be redirected to the ITA Login.gov entry screen. Select the “Continue” button. This will connect your ITA and Login.gov accounts and automatically log you into the ITA application.
- OSHA updated the process for employers to upload information to their Injury Tracking Application (ITA)
- Organizations must create an account on “Login.gov”
- Organizations must have both an ITA account and Login.gov account
- Login.gov accounts must be connected prior to March 2nd
Please reach out to your M3 account executive for further questions.