WCPAP Reminder: Wisconsin Contractors Premium Adjustment Program Update
The Wisconsin Compensation Ratings Bureau (WCRB) announced last year that as of February 1, 2021, they will no longer issue reminders for employers to apply for the Wisconsin Contractors Premium Adjustment Program (WCPAP) credit.
WCPAP gives a credit to employers that offer a higher than average wage to their employees. This program was developed by the state of Wisconsin to help level the playing field for contractors by offsetting the financial impact of higher premiums due to higher payrolls.
Historically, the WCRB sent out reminder post cards as a courtesy. Moving forward, on policies renewing July 1, 2021 or later, contractors will need to set their own reminders to apply. The WCPAP Online Application is updated every year on the evening of September 30th. Therefore, every year you may complete the online application as soon as October 1st.
How to apply for your WCPAP Credit Online:
- Go to www.wcrb.org
- Find the orange “Employers” box and select WCPAP Online Application
- Determine the WCPAP Online Application deadline (see chart below)
- Complete and submit the WCPAP Online Application no later than the deadline provided on the schedule
|Policies Expiring||WCPAP Online Application Deadline|
What qualifies a risk for a policy credit factor?
- Must have at least one contracting classification on the policy
- At least 50% of the payroll and/or premium is allocated to the contracting portion of the business
- The average hourly wage requirement must be met for policies effective between:
- July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021 – $30.11
- July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022 – $30.62
To make sure you’re taking advantage of WCPAP and applying for credit on time, reach out to your M3 Construction & Real Estate Account Executive to walk you through the process.