Supervisor Safety Leadership Development
Date & Time:
9:45 am – 2:00 pm
Join M3 and Travelers Risk Control for an interactive training designed to strengthen leadership competencies for safety supervisors operating within the manufacturing and construction industries. The training is comprised of three focus areas: culture, leadership and awareness. Learn how to improve your leadership effectiveness while developing skills to improve employee morale, productivity, and worker performance.
Creating a Culture of Safety
Safety culture is a phrase that is routinely tossed around in the manufacturing and construction industries in concert with ‘safety is our #1 priority.’ Creating a culture of safety isn’t accomplished by accident. Building a strong culture of safety requires a concentrated commitment on the part of leadership. Session will share insights and best practices for intentionally fostering a work environment that embraces safety as a core value.
- Understand why the human element is paramount to building a successful safety culture
- Recognize the importance of supervisors driving desired outcomes
- Understand the impact of feedback when building a strong safety culture
Session focused on best practices for demonstrating safety leadership. Participants will have the opportunity to assess their own leadership skills based on three leadership techniques and to develop an action plan for improving their skills.
- How to build safety engagement
- How to balance safety with business priorities
- How to establish a standard for safety
Session covers a method for improving supervisor situational awareness of potential safety hazards and incorporates video exercises to allow participants to develop their skills through simulation.
- How to recognize injury exposure in the workplace
- Insight into the potential impact of these hazards now and in the future
- How to respond appropriately to adverse situations promptly and reduce the chance of injury
Who Should Attend?
- Front-line supervisors
- Safety committee members
- Site managers
- Executive leaders
- Safety professionals
- Plant managers
- Operations managers
Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Check-In: 9:45 am
Session: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Sheraton Madison Hotel
706 John Nolen Drive
Madison, WI 53713
Paul Klein, CSP, CIH, Senior Risk Manager, M3 Insurance
Clint Spejcher, M.S., CSP, Sr. Regional Consultant, Construction, Travelers